* Re England's World Cup bomb, Alex Massie tries to reframe the question -- given their size, population base, etc, are England actually under-achievers?
* Ashley Cole says he hates England. Putting on the national shirt really does seem to be a much more joyless enterprise in England than almost any other country -- and it's obviously a downward-spiraling phenomenon.
* But hey,the Daily Star reports that there's an outside chance that England may sneak into the WC Final after all.
* Sports Illustrated's final Team USA player ratings for the Cup. A little harsh on Dempsey, in my book, but otherwise fair.
* Kickette gives Chrissy Ronaldo a post-Cup talking-to (see above photo).
* Check out this awesome graphic that shows how international World Cup rosters line up with national club leagues (in Spanish, but easy to use). Interesting to see the much more extensive globalization of the sport in 2010 as compared to 1994.
* The proper way to use a vuvuzela. Warning: Chotchtastic!